Instead of submitting one yearly budget, student organization leaders will be able to apply for funds on a rolling basis. Revision periods will occur every two weeks. The following schedule is for the 2022-2023 school year.
USG has strict guidelines on how much money will be allocated for each type of budget item. Please visit the Funding Guidelines page for this information.
Applications will be submitted using the Engage Budgeting System and will be due on the application due date [each one is a Sunday] at 5:00 p.m. The portal will be closed during academic breaks. If you are in need of funding over an academic break, please contact the Director of Finance, Jack Carrell, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to submit a budget request to receive USG funding, please use the following instructions.
To navigate to Engage to begin your budget request, visit https://uiowa.campuslabs.com/engage/.
Below is the schedule for application due dates*. Applications are due Sunday night at 5:00 p.m. before the listed dates. The Engage system will notify applicants as soon as the request has been approved, denied, or returned for revision
- *If a review period falls on a finals week, those requests will be reviewed during the next review period. If funds are urgently needed please send an email to the Director of Finance, Jack Carrell, at email@example.com.
Student organizations will be broken up into three categories. The amount of funding that can be applied for and allocated is dependent on which category the student organization fits into.
These categories are determined by Leadership and Engagement and will be listed on Engage.
Types of Student Organizations
- Can apply for a maximum of $50,000 annually
- There is no specific dollar limit per application
- Can apply for a maximum of $15,000 annually
- There is a $7,500 limit for any one application; this includes applications for a series of events
- Can apply for a maximum of $9,000 annually
- There is a $4,500 limit for any one application; this includes applications for a series of events