There are two main categories of funding requests.
The first is organizational maintenance. These types of expenses could include items such as:
- Printing (newsletters, applications, publications)
- Organizational Advertising
- Meeting room and meeting equipment expenses
- Equipment Purchases
- Homecoming Entry
The other category of funding requests is initiative, event, and travel requests. These types of expenses could include:
- Venue Space
- Event Advertising
- Rental Fees
- SVP Video Contract
- Film Rights
- Marketing for events
- Food (for cultural or organizational necessity only; example: baking club)
Special Events Requests
These requests would be applications for events that have been hosted by the student organization for five or more years and are key to their annual programming. Any approved funding requests that qualify as special events will not be subject to the $7,500 cap. Special Events requests must meet two out of three of the following criteria:
- The event has been hosted by the student organization for 5 years or more and has received USG funding during that time.
- The event is open and free to all students at the University of Iowa.
- The total cost of the event is over $8,000.