Submitting a Request for USG Funding
If you are wanting to submit a funding request for the Undergraduate Student Government (USG) please see the step by step process outlined below.
NOTE: The USG Finance Committee asks that all budget requests comply with the USG Funding Guidelines found on the USG Website. All requests that fail to comply with these guidelines will be adjusted in accordance with them.
1. You need to have access to submit a request. Typically this access is reserved for Treasurers, Presidents, and Vice Presidents; however, student organizations can manage the access level for each position in the roster settings within their portal. If you are needing access to your organization's portal, following the steps from this blog post or e-mail Leadership, Service & Civic Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Navigate to the Engage home page and click on the Manage Organization button for the Organization you wish to submit a request for.
3. Under “Organizational Tools,” please select the option listed as “Finance.”
4. In the "Finance" tool, on the right page, click the blue box marked "Create a New Request" and then selecting "Create Request". Note: If you don't see the finance tool, then you do not have the necessary access to submit a budget request. If you believe you should have access to this talk with the leaders of your organization to update your organization's roster or e-mail Leadership, Service & Civic Engagement.
5. From there, you will be taken to the "Create Budget Request". Select the Category of Funding you want to the corresponding Organization you want to request from. This will be listed as “USG Funding, (Current Fiscal Year)” for the USG funding request form.
6. Enter the Subject and add a request Description then click "Next".
7. The last page of the request will look similar to the image below with all the information regarding your request. Click "Submit" at the bottom. Note: You will have to withdraw your request if you want to make changes so be sure to look over the request before you submit. You will be taken to a page with a list of the previous Funding requests made by your student organization.