Green Bandana Project
Did you know...
Between 1000-1200 students in the U.S. will complete suicide annually
On average, there are 132 suicides per day
Ninety percent of people who die by suicide have an underlying — and potentially treatable — mental health condition
What is the Green Bandana Project?
The Green Bandana Project is a student-led program designed to spread awareness of resources for those with a mental illness or struggling with a mental health crisis to promote a culture of care on our campus. When a student carries a green bandana, it indicates that they are informed with relevant resources and are able to help. All bandana carriers are trained through completion of KOGNITO training, an online simulation that builds awareness, knowledge, and skills about mental health and suicide prevention.
We'd appreciate your support. Take the pledge here to support and empower those struggling with mental illness and to sign up for more information regarding receiving your Green Bandana.
- What is KOGNITO?Kognito is an online, interactive role-play simulation program for students, faculty, and staff that builds awareness, knowledge and skills about mental health and suicide prevention. It prepares users to lead real-life conversations with fellow students and colleagues who are in distress and how to connect them with the support they need.
- How to Access KOGNITOFor Students:
- Go to: https://compliance.hr.uiowa.edu
- Log in using your HawkID and password
- On the Compliance and Qualifications page, select the My Training tab at the top of the page
- Under the My Training tab, click on the Enroll in Courses button
- On the Self Enroll in a Course page, in the Course Title box search for “suicide prevention”
- In the search results click on the View Details button for the Kognito Suicide Prevention, Students FY 20 course Follow onscreen prompts to open and take the online training now.
- How Do I Get My Green Bandana?Pledge using this link: https://uiowa.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5mCJSf2GxSKmFj7